Mastopexy and Reduction Mammoplasty
Cost: Estimate Available Upon Consultation
Dr. Richards understands the frustration, dissatisfaction, and even physical discomfort that can arise when your breasts are not the shape and size you would like. Whether your excessively large breasts are leading to physical complications or your breasts have altered their shape due to pregnancy and breastfeeding, weight loss or gain, or the effect of gravity, Medical Director and lead plastic surgeon Dr. Bryson Richards is pleased to offer two types of corrective breast surgery that can dramatically or subtly alter your breast profile to reduce physical discomfort and to create a naturally-beautiful physique.
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy): A breast lift is appropriate for women whose breasts have lost tissue elasticity and begun to sag enough to impact the position of the nipple, also known as ptosis, either as a result of pregnancy and breastfeeding, genetics, gravity, and/or the natural aging process. A breast lift will raise and firm the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the tissues, while repositioning asymmetrical and/or downward pointing nipples. A breast lift will not alter the size of the breasts (augmentation or reduction can be performed simultaneously), but will create a more lifted, fuller, youthful chest profile.
- Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammoplasty): Macromastia, or enlarged breasts, can create significant emotional, aesthetic, and medical concerns. Breast reduction is a surgical procedure designed to bring the size of the breasts into better proportion with the rest of the patient’s physique, as well as relieve physical discomfort, by removing excess fatty and glandular tissue and skin from the breasts. Breast reduction surgery is ideal for patients whose enlarged breasts are causing emotional and physical concerns, including (but by no means limited to):
- Polycystic mastitis (cystic breast infections)
- Sensation loss in the arms, fingers, or breasts
- Difficulty with sleep and posture
- Stretched skin and/or low-hanging breasts
- Persistent back, shoulder, neck, and/or breast pain
- Prolonged skin irritation or rash under the breasts
- Deep, pigmented grooves in the shoulders caused by pressure from bra straps
- Limited physical activity
Click below to view real patient before and after images.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Breast Lift/Reduction Procedural Details
Breast lift surgery involves tightening loose, sagging breast tissue, removing excess skin, and repositioning the nipple and areolae. Depending on the scale of your ptosis, there are four different types of breast lift procedures:
- Crescent lift, or “Nipple lift”: a fairly simple procedure ideal for mild cases of ptosis
- Benelli Breast Lift, or “Donut mastopexy”: a minimally-invasive procedure perfect for mild to moderate ptosis
- Vertical Mastopexy Breast Lift, or “Lollipop breast lift”: a more invasive procedure suitable for individuals with moderate ptosis
- Full Mastopexy Breast Lift (“Anchor lift” or “Inverted-T lift”): the most extensive lift, this procedure is ideal for cases of severe ptosis
Reduction mammoplasty (breast reduction) involves the surgical removal of surplus breast tissue, fat, and skin, with liposuction if the removal of a substantial amount of fatty tissue is required. The procedure also involves repositioning the nipples, including reducing the areola diameter if necessary, before lifting and shaping the breasts and reducing the amount of underlying breast tissue. Internal sutures deep within the tissues of the breast will help maintain pleasing contours of your new, smaller breasts as they heal.
Dr. Richards performs all breast lifts and breast reductions in his private surgical practice under general anesthesia or IV sedation. After your surgery, the incisions will be covered with bandages or dressings with a small, thin tube to drain excess blood or fluid. You will provided with a support bra or elastic bandage to reduce swelling and support your breasts during recovery; you should plan on wearing this garment for several weeks after your surgery, depending on your specific instructions from Dr. Richards. Most patients find they need to take up to a week off of work and before resuming normal activities, and you should avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise for several months. Incision scarring—although permanent—fades over time until it is barely noticeable.
Contact Dr. Richards
At Dr. Bryson Richards’ practice located in Las Vegas, Nevada, we strive to offer a comprehensive menu of aesthetic services designed to deliver long lasting, highly effective results while minimizing discomfort and downtime, as well as the potential for risk and complications, as much as possible. Dr. Bryson Richards is a highly skilled and experienced plastic surgeon dedicated to utilizing only the most state-of-the-art technologies and techniques, while maintaining exceptionally high standards of patient education and care at all times. Whether you are seeking non-invasive rejuvenation to enhance your youthful glow or a surgical solution to a long-standing aesthetic concern, Dr. Richards and his highly trained, fully licensed staff will work closely with you to develop a treatment approach that is custom-tailored to achieve your unique goals and enhance your unique beauty.
If you would like more information on a breast lift and/or a breast reduction with Dr. Richards, or would like to learn more about our other surgical and non-surgical procedures, we encourage you to contact our office for a consultation today. We look forward to hearing from you!